Quest: Facing Your Demons

Genre: Class & Job Quests
Genre + : Disciple of Magic Quests
Job :
Level : 30

Zone: Ul'dah

Extention: A Realm Reborn

Summary: Cocobusi has been spotted in the vicinity of Vesper Bay. Take the descriptions that Cocobuki has written of the voidsent-possessed Lalafell, and hand them out to a few Vesper Bay locals.

Summary: Your investigations have revealed that Cocobusi is in the company of a marauder and a thaumaturge. You also learn that the succubus was seen leaving a local alehouse with several smitten maidens. Report your findings to Cocobuki, who is waiting at the center of Vesper Bay.

Cocobuki:

Hm hm hm... Fortune has favored us, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>: Cocobusi has been spotted at Vesper Bay.

Cocobuki:

We cannot let this opportunity pass us by! Head there with all due haste. And with you, take these descriptions of my brother's likeness and Mormo's mannerisms. Relay this information to some of the local residents and see what you can find.

o:

Hm? Somethin' I can do for you, stranger?

o:

Now that you mention it, I <Emphasis>did</Emphasis> see a Lalafell who matches this description. He was watchin' the ferries come in with more than a passin' interest. Lookin' to hire some adventurers or some such, I reckon.

o:

Welcome to the Pissed Peiste, love! What can I get ye?

o:

Ah, information, is it? Aye, that little bloke was in here, bringin' a blush to all the young maidens' cheeks. What he lacked in height, he certainly made up for in boldness! Left with more than one lass on his arm, he did.

o:

What's that, <If(PlayerParameter(4))>miss<Else/>son</If>? You say you're looking for someone?

o:

Hmmm. I believe I saw your Lalafell in the company of a couple adventurers hailing from Limsa Lominsa─a marauder and a thaumaturge, were I to hazard a guess. I think they were talking about seeing the area north of here...

Cocobuki:

I have enlisted the assistance of my brothers in questioning the locals, but I fear they are unsuited to such subtle endeavors. Our plans rest upon <Emphasis>your</Emphasis> efforts, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>.

Cocobuki:

Hm hm hm... So, Mormo has chosen this as her new hunting ground.

Cocobuki:

The maidens seduced by the succubus will be prepared as vessels to hold her fully restored power; I fear they will have already been slain. As for the adventurers, well, I think you can imagine what Mormo intends for the thaumaturge.

Cocobuki:

We must find and warn those unwitting Lominsans before the voidsent strikes again. You were told that they might be headed north, yes? It would be best for you to follow suit.

Cocobuki:

Pray do not wait on me, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>. I must gather my brothers before doing aught else. Hurry northward and warn those unsuspecting Lominsans of the danger.

d:

<groan> Still here... It's still here...somewhere close...

d:

Me thanks, <If(PlayerParameter(4))>lass<Else/>lad</If>. Ugh, me head... That little bastard said he would give us the grand tour of Ul'dah.

d:

<cough> Aye, it's been grand, all right. Please... He took me mate further north. Think he was mutterin' somethin' 'bout Moondrip.

Cocobani:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>! What has befallen!?

Cocobuki:

I sensed the presence of voidsent, but it appears you have things well in hand.

Cocobygo:

<shudder> Mormo is in Moondrip...? A fitting place for the battle to come.

Cocobuki:

It is time to finish this, my brothers─Cocobusi will be a slave to that fiend no longer.

c:

Duty calls. Do you wish to proceed with “A Feast of Aether”?

c:

Yes

c:

No

Cocobuki:

I shall approach Mormo first, as we discussed. If the bargaining proceeds smoothly, and the voidsent feasts on my proffered mana, then she should soon manifest in her demonic form.

Cocobuki:

Once Mormo is fully present within this realm, that is when you unleash the seething power of the abyss!

Cocobuki:

...Though after lecturing for so long on how a thaumaturge should avoid such threats, I yet hold doubts as to whether such a direct conflict is the correct path.

Cocobuki:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, in your experience, what do you consider to be a thaumaturge's greatest strength?

:

What is a thaumaturge's greatest strength?

:

Overwhelming destructive might!

:

...Introspection.

Cocobuki:

Yes, there are none who can match our propensity for fiery ruin. We need not run from danger, but rather employ our unrivaled powers to incinerate all that seek to do us harm.

Cocobuki:

Hm hm hm... Yes, indeed, it is perhaps only by looking within that we may find the answers we seek.

Cocobuki:

I am decided. My fate awaits me. I have faith that, no matter what becomes of me, you shall succeed in destroying Mormo, ending her threat to this realm.

Cocobygo:

<twitch> The big battle at last, eh? It really is quite thrilling! ...Really!

Cocobani:

Are you ready? You seem ready. <Emphasis>I stand ready</Emphasis>! Well...I stand, anyway. <groan> I think I may have overindulged in ether before we left...

Cocobezi:

M-Me? Perfectly fine! S-Solid as an adamantoise!

Cocoboha:

Bwaha...ha... <sigh> Is it normal to be this nervous?

Cocobuki:

Enough, Mormo!

u:

Well, well. If it isn't the eldest of the COWARDLY thaumaturge brothers. I thought you'd be busy whimpering under your bed, wishing that I'd just DISAPPEAR.

Cocobuki:

I've come to offer you a deal. I know you seek the aetheric energy needed to substantiate your true form...but how much time do you intend to waste, feeding on these lesser mages?

Cocobuki:

Compared to these stripling sorcerers and their trembling arcane flames, my power is as a blazing sun. Would you not prefer to take what I can give you?

Cocobuki:

Drain my strength, and assume your rightful appearance. I am sure you think me a coward, but that is of no consequence. I only wish Cocobusi returned to us unharmed.

u:

Hee hee hee! You are WISE to acquiesce, mage!

u:

Hee hee hee! At LAST! At long last, my true body─my true POWER─is mine once more! I believe a stretching of the old arcane muscles is in order...

Cocobygo:

Oh! Oh no you don't, v-voidsent!

Cocoboha:

We won't let you leave here alive!

u:

Hee hee hee! So, you risk your LIVES in a valiant rescue attempt? You should not bet what you are not prepared to LOSE! I shall tear the aether from your very MARROW!

Cocobygo:

...We won?

Cocobani:

We won! Victory is ours! Cocobusi! Cocobuki! Mormo is dead!

Cocobusi:

<groan> What...? Where am I?

o:

Thank Thal, you're awake. Cocobuki! Cocobusi is returned to us!

Cocoboha:

Our...our sibling has yet to stir from his somnolent stupor.

Cocobusi:

Buki!?

Cocobusi:

His aetheric channels have contracted─they are barely sufficient to sustain the flow of his life force. If we do not increase his capacity for aether soon, his vitality will drain away completely.

Cocobusi:

...My mana-amplifying potion. Its potency is limited, but it just might be enough!

Cocobuki:

I see the battle ended...as I expected...

Cocobygo:

Y-You did it, Cocobusi! Your alchemy saved him!

Cocobygo:

And we would not have prevailed without you, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>! We will bear our brother back to the Ossuary─pray meet us there that we might properly express our gratitude!

Cocobuki:

Thank you, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>. After seeking refuge in the comforting shadows of the abyss for so long, I had lost sight of the blazing glory of which thaumaturgy is capable.

Cocobuki:

The raw power and audacity of your magecraft has freed my brothers and me from our self-imposed cowardice.

Cocoboha:

I thought Thal Himself had His fingers at my throat... But this sensation of hard-won supremacy is strangely satisfying!

Cocobuki:

As for you, Cocobusi: you are our brother, and our respected colleague. I hope you never again underestimate the precious power you wield.

Cocobuki:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, you have exceeded all my expectations. In recognition of your outstanding growth as a thaumaturge, I shall impart to you one of the guild's most closely guarded techniques:

Cocobuki:

Manaward. It is a defensive weaving of energies that blunts the force of any attack made against you.

Cocobuki:

Hm hm hm... I am sure you can understand why we do not teach this secret to every stray hedge wizard who chooses to join our ranks.

Cocobuki:

Now that you have experienced the deadliest threats─and the joy that comes with their obliteration─I am certain you are eager to explore just how deep you might descend into the chasm of thaumaturgy.

Cocobuki:

May your struggles bring wisdom, and your wisdom bring courage. I, for one, look forward to hearing of your future thaumaturgical endeavors. Hm hm hm...

a:

Mwahahaha! Your screams are my SUSTENANCE!

a:

<tremble> I-I will keep Mormo focused on me! Stay well back!

a:

I-I shall lend Cocobygo my support!

a:

M-My thaumaturgy will rend the very air!

a:

F-Frightened? Hah! I fry fiends for fun!

a:

Hee hee! It's all coming back to me. Why don't you come a little CLOSER!?

a:

What in the name of the gods was that!?

a:

Intimacy! She weaves our threats as spells!

a:

My spells were silenced... But we must muster our magicks!

a:

L-Let's all keep calm, now! She seeks to perplex and confound us!

a:

Resilient little NUISANCES! The stones will drink your BLOOD!

a:

She conjures minions from the void!

a:

Her sorcery is...too terrible...

a:

Too many ethers...not enough potions...

a:

I am overmatched...and overmagicked...

a:

Bwa...haha... <cough> Defeat is decidedly distasteful...

a:

No! For CENTURIES, I dreamed of escape! I will not be...denied...

Quest: Facing Your Demons

Genre: Quêtes de classe/job
Genre + : Quêtes de classe : mages
Job :
Level : 30

Zone: Ul'dah

Extention: A Realm Reborn

Resumé: Cocobusi aurait été aperçu dans la baie des Vêpres. Montrez les portraits que Cocobuki a faits de son petit frère aux gens qui vivent là-bas pour en apprendre plus.

Resumé: Cocobusi serait parti avec deux aventuriers, un maraudeur et une occultiste. Transmettez cette information à Cocobuki.

Cocobuki:

Hé hé hé... Je suis content de te revoir, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>. Tu arrives au bon moment, on vient juste de me faire savoir qu'on a retrouvé la trace de Cocobusi.

Cocobuki:

Il aurait été aperçu à la baie des Vêpres. Si tu veux bien, j'aimerais que tu ailles interroger les gens là-bas en utilisant ces portraits que j'ai faits de lui.

o:

Mouais<Indent/>? Tu as besoin d'aide, petiot<If(PlayerParameter(4))>e<Else/></If><Indent/>?

o:

Il me semble en effet avoir vu un Lalafell comme celui-ci. Il regardait le trans<SoftHyphen/>bor<SoftHyphen/>deur qui arrivait comme s'il cherchait quelqu'un. Peut-être qu'il voulait recruter des aventuriers...

o:

<If(LessThan(PlayerParameter(11),12))><If(LessThan(PlayerParameter(11),4))>Bonsoir<Else/>Bonjour</If><Else/><If(LessThan(PlayerParameter(11),17))>Bonjour<Else/>Bonsoir</If></If> <If(PlayerParameter(4))>ma jolie<Else/>mon brave</If>. Quelque chose me dit que tu n'es pas venu<If(PlayerParameter(4))>e<Else/></If> ici pour boire. Dis-moi un peu ce que je peux faire pour toi...

o:

Ah, je me souviens bien de ce petit jeunot. Il draguait des jolies filles d'ici. Je lui tire mon chapeau d'ailleurs, parce que malgré sa taille, il se débrouillait si bien qu'on les a jamais revues. Hé hé hé.

o:

Hé, qu'est-ce qu'il y a<Indent/>? Tu cherches quelqu'un peut-être<Indent/>?

o:

Je crois bien avoir vu ce Lalafell avec deux aventuriers qui venaient de Limsa Lominsa. L'une était occultiste, et l'autre maraudeur, si je me souviens bien.

Cocobuki:

J'ai aussi demandé à mes frères d'obtenir des in<SoftHyphen/>for<SoftHyphen/>ma<SoftHyphen/>tions sur Cocobusi. J'espère qu'on va vite le retrouver.

Cocobuki:

Hé hé hé... Il est donc bien venu par ici. Quant à ses intentions, je crois que j'ai deviné.

Cocobuki:

Les jolies filles qui ont disparu vont sûrement servir à Mormo pour se constituer un corps lorsqu'elle aura retrouvé tout son pouvoir. Quant aux aventuriers, je crains qu'elle en ait après la mana de l'occultiste.

Cocobuki:

Il faut que nous les retrouvions avant qu'il ne soit trop tard. Toi, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, tu vas chercher au nord d'ici.

Cocobuki:

Il faut que nous retrouvions les deux aventuriers avant qu'il ne soit trop tard. <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>. Va chercher au nord d'ici, s'il te plaît.

d:

Aaargh... Toi, là... fais attention... Un de ces imps... est encore... par... ici...

d:

M-merci... Tu m'as sauvé la vie... Ma camarade et moi avions demandé à un jeune Lalafell de nous conduire jusqu'à Ul'dah... mais au lieu de ça, il nous a tendu un piège...

d:

Mon amie a été emportée à Gouttelune... Je t'en prie, va la libérer...

Cocobani:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/><Indent/>! Tu n'as rien...<Indent/>?

Cocobuki:

Hé hé hé... Il me semblait bien avoir ressenti la présence d'un être du néant, mais je vois que <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/> a réussi à l'éliminer.

Cocobygo:

G-Gouttelune... C'est donc là-bas que Cocobusi se cache<Indent/>!

Cocobuki:

C'est le moment de vérité. Bien, en route pour Gouttelune, nous allons vaincre Mormo et libérer Cocobusi.

c:

Lancer la bataille de la quête “L'occulte courage”<Indent/>?

c:

Oui

c:

Non

Cocobuki:

Bon, comme nous l'avons décidé, je vais y aller en premier et offrir ma mana à Mormo. Ensuite, elle va sûrement utiliser le corps des jolies filles pour reprendre sa forme d'origine.

Cocobuki:

Ça sera le moment pour vous tous de l'attaquer...

Cocobuki:

Mais je dois vous avouer que je ne suis pas sûr que ce soit une bonne chose de vous faire prendre un tel risque, notamment après vous avoir enseigné si longtemps qu'un occultiste devait éviter le danger à tout prix.

Cocobuki:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, je voudrais te poser une question. Quelle est selon toi la plus grande force de notre art obscur<Indent/>?

:

Quelle est la plus grande force de l'occultisme<Indent/>?

:

Un pouvoir de destruction ultime pour anéantir ses ennemis

:

...

Cocobuki:

Un pouvoir de destruction ultime pour anéantir ses ennemis, exactement. L'occultisme ne sert pas à éviter le danger, mais à le vaincre.

Cocobuki:

Tu as raison, la réponse se trouve en chacun de nous, il est superflu de le préciser.

Cocobuki:

Grâce à toi, je suis prêt à affronter mon destin. Mes chers frères, <Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, je n'ai aucun doute sur le fait que vous allez vaincre Mormo<Indent/>! J'y vais<Indent/>!

Cocobygo:

On ne peut plus re-reculer, m-maintenant... m-mais, je n'ai pas p-peur du tout...

Cocobani:

T-tu n'as pas envie de faire pipi, toi<Indent/>? J'ai trop bu d'éther... J-je crois que ma vessie va craquer...

Cocobezi:

T-tout va bien se passer. De toute façon, dans le pire des cas, j'ai ma technique secrète<Indent/>: éclater en sanglots<Indent/>!

Cocoboha:

Mouahaha...<Indent/>! Rassure-toi... Du moment qu-que je suis là, n-nous sommes sûrs de g-gagner...

Cocobuki:

Hé, Mormo<Indent/>!

u:

Oh<Indent/>!? Mais c'est ce cher grand frère qui est trop PEUREUX pour m'affronter<Indent/>! Je ne pensais pas que tu oserais me faire face à nouveau. Tu ne ferais pas mieux d'aller te CACHER sous ton lit<Indent/>?

Cocobuki:

Si je suis venu ici, c'est pour te proposer un marché. Je sais que tu as besoin de mana pour récupérer ton pouvoir et reprendre ta forme d'origine... mais cela va te prendre beaucoup de temps si tu te contentes d'occultistes de bas rang.

Cocobuki:

En tant que maître de la guilde des occultistes, je peux t'offrir toute la mana qu'il te faut d'un coup. Ne me dis pas que ça ne t'intéresse pas<Indent/>?

Cocobuki:

Je suis prêt à te donner l'intégralité de mon pouvoir magique à condition que tu utilises ensuite un autre corps et libères mon petit frère. C'est tout ce qui compte pour moi.

u:

Hihihi. Tu as beau être un peureux, tu n'es pas IDIOT, à ce que je vois.

u:

Mouihihihi<Indent/>! Enfin<Indent/>! J'ai enfin recouvré tout mon POUVOIR<Indent/>! Vite, maintenant que j'ai un corps plus approprié à ma PERSONNALITÉ, il faut que j'utilise cette énergie<Indent/>!

Cocobygo:

N-n'y c-compte pas, Mo-Mormo<Indent/>!

Cocoboha:

N-nous ne te l-laisserons pas s-sortir d'ici<Indent/>!

u:

Mouihihihi<Indent/>! C'est la tentative DÉSESPÉRÉE de me tuer la plus minable que j'ai jamais vue. Mais je vais me faire un plaisir de vous montrer ce dont je suis CAPABLE. Approchez tous, que je vous écrase<Indent/>!

Cocobygo:

Ouah, je n'y crois pas<Indent/>! Nous avons gagné<Indent/>!

Cocobani:

Youpi<Indent/>! Hé, Cocobusi, Cocobuki, vous avez vu comment on a anéanti ce vilain être du néant<Indent/>?

Cocobusi:

Mmh... Mais qu'est-ce que vous faites tous ici...<Indent/>? Où suis-je...<Indent/>?

o:

Ah, Cocobusi<Indent/>! Ça fait plaisir de te revoir. Hé, Cocobuki, tu as vu...<Indent/>?

Cocoboha:

Mouaha... Cocobuki ne se réveille pas... Qu'est-ce qu'on va faire<Indent/>!?

Cocobusi:

Grand frère...<Indent/>!?

Cocobusi:

Il... il n'a plus assez de mana en lui pour rester en vie. Si nous n'agissons pas vite, il risque de mourir...

Cocobusi:

Je sais<Indent/>! Je vais utiliser l'élixir que j'ai mis au point pour moi. Il n'est pas très efficace, mais ça devrait lui permettre de reprendre des forces...

Cocobuki:

Eh bien... On dirait bien que notre plan a marché... Vous avez battu Mormo...

Cocobygo:

Cocobusi, ça a marché<Indent/>! C'est fantastique<Indent/>! Tu as sauvé la vie de Cocobuki grâce à ton élixir<Indent/>!

Cocobygo:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, merci pour ton aide<Indent/>! Nous allons rac<SoftHyphen/>com<SoftHyphen/>pag<SoftHyphen/>ner nos deux frères à la guilde. Viens nous voir dès que tu le pourras.

Cocobuki:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, je te dois une fière chandelle. Je pense que moi aussi, j'avais peur des risques inhérents au pouvoir de l'occultisme, et que j'avais perdu de vue la nature de notre art mystérieux.

Cocobuki:

Le courage et la maîtrise de la magie que tu as démontrés nous ont permis, à moi et à mes frères, de redécouvrir la véritable valeur de notre discipline. Pour cela, je tiens à te remercier.

Cocoboha:

Mouahaha<Indent/>! Je dois dire que j'ai vraiment eu peur d'y laisser ma peau, mais il n'y a rien de plus agréable que de rentrer chez soi en vie après un combat acharné<Indent/>!

Cocobuki:

Ah, Cocobusi. J'espère que tu comprends maintenant que nous tenons à toi. Tu es notre petit frère, et nous n'avons aucune intention de te tenir à l'écart. Nous souhaitons juste que tu utilises les talents qui sont les tiens pour aider les gens à ta manière.

Cocobuki:

<Split(<Highlight>ObjectParameter(1)</Highlight>, ,1)/>, tu as progressé en occultisme bien plus vite que je ne l'imaginais. Je vais donc t'enseigner un sort que notre guilde garde jalousement secret.

Cocobuki:

Il s'agit de Barrière de mana, un sort de protection qui réduit les dégâts des attaques lancées contre soi.

Cocobuki:

Hé hé hé... Comme tu peux le constater, l'occultisme n'a pas que pour vocation de détruire, il peut également servir à se défendre.

Cocobuki:

Toi qui viens de faire l'expérience d'un danger mortel et de la joie qu'accompagne une victoire inespérée, je suis sûr que tu es capable d'atteindre un niveau de maîtrise encore plus grand dans notre discipline mystérieuse.

Cocobuki:

Le risque enseigne la sagesse, et la sagesse apporte le courage. Je suis impatient de découvrir les progrès que tu vas faire dans notre art obscur. Hé hé hé... À bientôt, <If(PlayerParameter(4))>ma<Else/>mon</If> jeune disciple.

a:

Hihihi<Indent/>! Laissez-moi jouir de vos gémissements de DOULEUR<Indent/>!

a:

J-je vais détourner l'attention de Mo-Mormo<Indent/>! Écartez-vous tous<Indent/>!

a:

Je vais apporter mon soutien à Co-Coco-Cocobygo<Indent/>!

a:

Mormo<Indent/>! Tu vas goûter au p-pouvoir que m'a enseigné Cocobuki<Indent/>!

a:

J-je n'ai pas peur<Indent/>! Quel que soit m-mon ennemi, je vais l'annihiler<Indent/>!

a:

Hihihi. Je commence à retrouver mes réflexes. Je vais vous montrer ce qu'il en coûte de me DÉFIER<Indent/>!

a:

Ouaaah<Indent/>! C-comment a-t-elle fait pour nous attirer vers elle<Indent/>!?

a:

Par Thal<Indent/>! Mon corps... p-pourquoi a-t-il bougé tout seul<Indent/>!?

a:

En plus... il était impossible de p-parler... impossible de lancer des sorts...

a:

C-calmez-vous...<Indent/>! Nous devons garder notre sang-froid pour la vaincre<Indent/>!

a:

Bande de sales mômes<Indent/>! Arrêtez de vous obstiner et MOURREZ<Indent/>!!

a:

Ouah...<Indent/>! Restez sur vos gardes<Indent/>!

a:

J-je suis... désolé...

a:

Oh non...<Indent/>! J'avais promis... à Cocobuki...

a:

Elle est... trop forte... Continuez... sans moi...

a:

Mouaha... Je suis... vaincu...

a:

Comment est-ce POSSIBLE...<Indent/>!? Battue... par de VULGAIRES... gamins...<Indent/>!?

previous